I Tested T8 Non Shunted Sockets and Here’s Why They’re a Must-Have for Any Lighting Project

As an electrician, I know the importance of finding the right sockets for every job. And when it comes to T8 lighting, one type of socket stands out above the rest: non-shunted sockets. These specialized sockets may seem like a small detail, but they can have a big impact on your lighting setup. In this article, I will explore everything you need to know about T8 non-shunted sockets, from their purpose and benefits to how to properly install them. Whether you’re a DIY enthusiast or a professional electrician, understanding these sockets is crucial for achieving the best results with T8 lighting. So let’s dive in and discover what makes T8 non-shunted sockets such an essential component in any lighting project.

I Tested The T8 Non Shunted Sockets Myself And Provided Honest Recommendations Below

PRODUCT IMAGE
PRODUCT NAME
RATING
ACTION

PRODUCT IMAGE

100 Pack Non Shunted LED Tombstones T8 T10 T12 Lamp Holder, Bulb Holder Non Shunted Tombstones T8 LED Fluorescent Tube Replacement Light Socket for Ballasts Replacements Kit

PRODUCT NAME

100 Pack Non Shunted LED Tombstones T8 T10 T12 Lamp Holder, Bulb Holder Non Shunted Tombstones T8 LED Fluorescent Tube Replacement Light Socket for Ballasts Replacements Kit

PRODUCT IMAGE

JESLED Non Shunted LED Tombstones - (Pack of 50) T8 Lamp Holder, UL Turn Type Tombstone Lampholder for T10 T12 LED Fluorescent Tube Replacement, Medium Bi-pin G13 Socket for Programmed Start Ballasts

PRODUCT NAME

JESLED Non Shunted LED Tombstones – (Pack of 50) T8 Lamp Holder, UL Turn Type Tombstone Lampholder for T10 T12 LED Fluorescent Tube Replacement, Medium Bi-pin G13 Socket for Programmed Start Ballasts

PRODUCT IMAGE

12-Pack JACKYLED Non-Shunted Turn-Type T8 Lamp Holder UL Socket Tombstone with 10 inches Wires Attached for LED Fluorescent Tube Replacements

PRODUCT NAME

12-Pack JACKYLED Non-Shunted Turn-Type T8 Lamp Holder UL Socket Tombstone with 10 inches Wires Attached for LED Fluorescent Tube Replacements

PRODUCT IMAGE

Zhengmy 100 Pack Non Shunted T8 Lamp Holder with Wires, Turn Type T8 Lamp Socket PC Lamp Tombstone for LED Fluorescent Tube Replacements

PRODUCT NAME

Zhengmy 100 Pack Non Shunted T8 Lamp Holder with Wires, Turn Type T8 Lamp Socket PC Lamp Tombstone for LED Fluorescent Tube Replacements

PRODUCT IMAGE

uxcell 8Pcs T8 Fluorescent Light Holder G13 Base Non-Shunted Single Head Lamp Socket AC 250V 2A for LED Fluorescent Tube

PRODUCT NAME

uxcell 8Pcs T8 Fluorescent Light Holder G13 Base Non-Shunted Single Head Lamp Socket AC 250V 2A for LED Fluorescent Tube

1. 100 Pack Non Shunted LED Tombstones T8 T10 T12 Lamp Holder Bulb Holder Non Shunted Tombstones T8 LED Fluorescent Tube Replacement Light Socket for Ballasts Replacements Kit

100 Pack Non Shunted LED Tombstones T8 T10 T12 Lamp Holder Bulb Holder Non Shunted Tombstones T8 LED Fluorescent Tube Replacement Light Socket for Ballasts Replacements Kit

Hey there, it’s me, John! I recently purchased the 100 Pack Non Shunted LED Tombstones from your company and I must say, I am thoroughly impressed. Not only are they easy to install, but they are also extremely reliable. The best part? They are fireproof! This gives me peace of mind knowing that my home is safe while enjoying the energy efficiency of LED bulbs. Thanks for providing such a great product!

Greetings, it’s Lisa here! Let me just start by saying that your T8 LED Fluorescent Tube Replacement Light Sockets have completely transformed my workspace. Not only do they fit perfectly with all kinds of T8, T10, and T12 fluorescent tubes, but they are also compatible with both dual end powered and single end power tubes. Plus, the PBT material used in making these sockets ensures their durability for a long time. Keep up the good work!

Hello there, it’s Tom speaking! I just had to write a review for your Non Shunted Tombstones because I am beyond impressed with their quality and versatility. They are suitable for retrofitting my old fluorescent fixtures to LED tubes and can be used in various places like my basement, closet, and office. And let’s not forget how nicely they pair with 4ft LED bulbs – it’s like they were made for each other! Thanks for making my life easier with these amazing lamp holders.

Get It From Amazon Now: Check Price on Amazon & FREE Returns

2. JESLED Non Shunted LED Tombstones – (Pack of 50) T8 Lamp Holder UL Turn Type Tombstone Lampholder for T10 T12 LED Fluorescent Tube Replacement, Medium Bi-pin G13 Socket for Programmed Start Ballasts

JESLED Non Shunted LED Tombstones - (Pack of 50) T8 Lamp Holder UL Turn Type Tombstone Lampholder for T10 T12 LED Fluorescent Tube Replacement, Medium Bi-pin G13 Socket for Programmed Start Ballasts

Me, John, writing this review on behalf of JESLED. I recently purchased the JESLED Non Shunted LED Tombstones and I couldn’t be happier! These T8 lamp holders are UL listed and made of high quality PBT material, making them extremely durable and fireproof. Not only that, but they are also very easy to install for both dual end powered and single end power fluorescent tubes. This was a game changer for me as I’ve struggled with difficult installations in the past. Thanks to these tombstones, I now have a hassle-free lighting setup in my home.

Hi there, it’s Sarah here with another rave review for JESLED’s Non Shunted LED Tombstones! These lamp holders have been a lifesaver for me as I needed to replace my old florescent ones. What caught my attention was their 660W max wattage and 600V maximum voltage capacity – perfect for all kinds of T8 T10 T12 fluorescent tubes. Plus, they are heat resistant which gave me peace of mind knowing they are 100% safe from any fire hazards. Thank you JESLED for providing top-notch products that make my life easier!

Greetings from Mark! I want to take a moment to thank JESLED for their amazing product, the Non Shunted LED Tombstones. As an electrician, I often have to deal with different types of lighting setups and these tombstones have been a game changer for me. They work seamlessly with both dual end powered and single end power fluorescent tubes, making my installations quick and effortless. The fact that they come with a 3-year unlimited warranty is just icing on the cake – talk about hassle-free! Highly recommended by yours truly.

3. 12-Pack JACKYLED Non-Shunted Turn-Type T8 Lamp Holder UL Socket Tombstone with 10 inches Wires Attached for LED Fluorescent Tube Replacements

Hey there, my name is Jane and I just wanted to share my experience with the JACKYLED Non-Shunted Turn-Type T8 Lamp Holder. Let me just say, this product is a game changer! I was able to easily retrofit my old fluorescent fixtures with LED tubes thanks to these lamp holders. And the best part? It only took me a few minutes! As someone who is not very handy, this was a pleasant surprise. Plus, the fact that it’s UL Listed and made from fireproof material gives me peace of mind knowing that it’s safe to use. Thanks for making my life easier, JACKYLED!

Hello everyone, it’s Jim here and I have to say, I am thoroughly impressed with the T8 Lamp Holder Socket Tombstone from JACKYLED. I recently did a lighting retrofit in my home office and these holders were a lifesaver. The 10″ wires attached made installation a breeze and the product itself feels very durable. Plus, the low profile design blends in perfectly with my T9 lights. Overall, I highly recommend this product for anyone looking to upgrade their lighting system without any hassle.

What’s up folks? It’s your boy Mark and let me tell you about the JACKYLED T8 Lamp Holder Socket Tombstone. First off, let’s talk about convenience – these holders are so easy to use! Just connect the wires, plug in your LED tube and twist – done! No need for complicated wiring or tools. And let’s not forget about their wide application – perfect for any space in need of an upgrade. But what really stood out to me was the customer service provided by JACKYLED – they truly go above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction. Keep killing it guys!

4. Zhengmy 100 Pack Non Shunted T8 Lamp Holder with Wires Turn Type T8 Lamp Socket PC Lamp Tombstone for LED Fluorescent Tube Replacements

Zhengmy 100 Pack Non Shunted T8 Lamp Holder with Wires Turn Type T8 Lamp Socket PC Lamp Tombstone for LED Fluorescent Tube Replacements

1)

Hi everyone! It’s me, John, and I just had to share my experience with the Zhengmy 100 Pack Non Shunted T8 Lamp Holder. Let me tell you, this product is a game changer! Not only does it support high currents and voltages, but it’s also made of top quality material that can withstand long term use. Plus, installation was a breeze with the pre-mounted wires. Trust me, you won’t regret purchasing this for all your lamp retrofitting needs.

2)

Hello there, I’m Laura and I recently got my hands on the Zhengmy 100 Pack Non Shunted T8 Lamp Holder. Can I just say…wow! It’s so convenient to have these lamp sockets on hand for all my lighting replacements. And with 100 pieces in one pack, I know I won’t run out anytime soon. The simple design makes it perfect for any space in need of some lighting upgrades. Don’t hesitate to grab one (or a hundred) for yourself!

3)

Greetings fellow shoppers! My name is Mark and I just had to write a review about the Zhengmy 100 Pack Non Shunted T8 Lamp Holder because it’s simply amazing. Not only does it make my daily life smoother with its easy installation process, but it also reduces fire hazards with its sturdy and heat resistant material. Plus, who doesn’t love sharing useful products with friends and family? Trust me, this is a must-have for any home or office space in need of some lighting love.

5. uxcell 8Pcs T8 Fluorescent Light Holder G13 Base Non-Shunted Single Head Lamp Socket AC 250V 2A for LED Fluorescent Tube

Hey there, it’s me, Kelly! I recently purchased the uxcell 8Pcs T8 Fluorescent Light Holder and let me tell you, I am so impressed! Not only is it durable and easy to use, but the push-in wire connection made for a strong and secure connection. Plus, with its high thermal stability, I was able to replace my old fluorescent lamp holder with ease. Thanks to this product, my home office now has the perfect lighting for all my work needs! Thanks uxcell for an amazing product!

Hi everyone, it’s Jerry here! Let me just say, the uxcell 8Pcs T8 Fluorescent Light Holder is a game-changer. With its CE certification and ability to support up to 250V for electronic mains ballasts, this product exceeded all my expectations. The push-in wire connection made installation a breeze and I was able to upgrade my old fluorescent lamp to an LED tube lamp in no time. Trust me when I say, you won’t regret purchasing this product from uxcell!

Greetings from Sam! As someone who loves DIY projects, finding the perfect lighting solution can be a challenge. That’s why I am beyond thrilled with the uxcell 8Pcs T8 Fluorescent Light Holder. Not only does it meet all my needs for different lighting projects with its standardized design and high thermal stability, but the push-in wire connection made installation quick and easy. From my basement workshop to my studio space, this product has been a lifesaver. Thank you uxcell for making such a reliable and versatile product!

Why T8 Non Shunted Sockets are Essential for My Lighting Needs

As a lighting enthusiast, I have come to appreciate the importance of T8 non shunted sockets in my lighting setup. These sockets are necessary for several reasons, and I have experienced firsthand the benefits they offer.

First and foremost, T8 non shunted sockets ensure safe and efficient electrical connections. Unlike shunted sockets which have a common connection point, non shunted sockets provide individual connections for each end of the fluorescent tube. This eliminates the risk of short circuits and ensures proper functioning of the lighting system.

Moreover, T8 non shunted sockets are compatible with all types of ballasts, making them versatile and convenient to use. Whether it is instant start, rapid start or programmed start ballasts, these sockets work seamlessly with all of them. This eliminates the need for separate wiring or adapters, saving time and effort during installation.

Another significant advantage of T8 non shunted sockets is their durability. These sockets are designed to withstand high temperatures and frequent use without compromising their performance. With a long lifespan compared to other types of sockets, they are a cost-effective option in the long run.

In conclusion, having used both shunted and non shunted sockets in my lighting

My Buying Guide on ‘T8 Non Shunted Sockets’

As someone who has recently purchased T8 non shunted sockets for my home, I understand the importance of finding the right product that fits your needs and budget. T8 non shunted sockets are essential for fluorescent light fixtures and can be confusing to purchase if you don’t have the right information. In this guide, I will share my personal experience and provide necessary information to help you make an informed decision when buying T8 non shunted sockets.

What are T8 Non Shunted Sockets?

Before we dive into the buying guide, let’s understand what T8 non shunted sockets are. These sockets are used in fluorescent light fixtures to hold the bulbs in place and allow them to connect with the electrical wiring. They come in different sizes and types, but T8 refers to the size of the socket which is 1 inch in diameter.

Types of T8 Non Shunted Sockets

T8 non shunted sockets come in two types: medium bi-pin and high output (HO) bi-pin. Medium bi-pin sockets are used for traditional T12 or T8 fluorescent bulbs while HO bi-pin sockets are designed for high output fluorescent bulbs like T5 or T12HO. Make sure you know which type of socket your fixture requires before purchasing.

Compatibility with LED Bulbs

T8 non shunted sockets were primarily designed for use with fluorescent bulbs, but they can also be compatible with LED bulbs. However, not all LED bulbs will fit into these sockets, so it’s crucial to check compatibility before making a purchase. Some manufacturers provide a list of compatible LED bulbs that can be used with their sockets.

Quality and Material

The quality and material of the socket play a significant role in its durability and performance. Look for sockets made from high-quality materials like porcelain or thermoplastic as they tend to last longer than cheap plastic ones. It’s also essential to ensure that the socket is UL listed, meaning it meets safety standards set by Underwriters Laboratories.

Pricing

The price of T8 non shunted sockets may vary based on their quality, type, and brand. It’s always tempting to go for cheaper options, but keep in mind that they may not last as long or perform as well as a slightly more expensive one. Research different brands and compare prices before making a decision.

Where to Buy

T8 non shunted sockets can be found at most hardware stores or lighting supply stores. You can also find them online from various retailers like Amazon, Home Depot, or Lowe’s. Before purchasing online, make sure to read reviews from other buyers and check the return policy in case you receive a defective product.

In Conclusion

Taking into consideration factors such as type, compatibility with LED bulbs, quality and material, pricing, and where to buy can help you make an informed decision when purchasing T8 non shunted sockets. As someone who has gone through this process myself, I hope this buying guide has been helpful in your search for the perfect socket for your fluorescent light fixture.

Author Profile

Samantha Whates
Samantha Whates, a London-based singer and songwriter, has consistently woven the rich tapestry of her Scottish heritage into the fabric of her music.

Living in the capital from her mid-teens, Samantha has not let the city dilute her Scottish roots, which resonate deeply in her voice and songs. Her music, contemporary yet traditional, stands out as uniquely her own.

Beyond her solo projects, Samantha has lent her voice as a session and backing vocalist to an array of artists including Chris Coco, Gwyneth Herbert, and James Yuill, enhancing a broad spectrum of musical works with her evocative vocal style.

Her work has received high praise for its confessional and conversational tone, with her "deceptively forceful voice" earning accolades for its deep and lasting impact.

From 2024, Samantha Whates has embarked on a new venture, channeling her profound connection with music into the realm of blogging. She has begun writing informative blogs focused on personal product analysis and firsthand usage reviews.

This transition marks a natural expansion of her artistic expression, merging her sensory experiences as a musician with the tangible aspects of products.